David N. Altman
David is a founding partner of Brown & Altman, LLP and has extensive experience in real estate law, commercial litigation and environmental law. He handles a broad range of matters involving land use and zoning, municipal law, commercial and residential transactional real estate, environmental law, commercial and civil litigation, corporate practice and commercial transactions.
He represents commercial and residential real estate developers, commercial and residential lenders, national and local retailers, and is involved in all phases of site development, with particular experience in the development of sites for the retail petroleum industry and for wireless telecommunications. He has worked with major national corporations, including Fortune 500 businesses, as well as local businesses in various aspects of the retail, commercial and industrial sectors. As a land use attorney, he practices before municipalities throughout Long Island, as well as New York City. Additionally, David serves as transactional counsel to a number of commercial and residential lenders.
- Rezoning and development of a five-acre commercial parcel in Smithtown, New York, for national retail development.
- Obtaining approvals for change of zones, special permits and variance relief for regional petroleum retailers in North Hempstead, Hempstead, Smithtown, Brookhaven, Riverhead and a number of Long Island villages.
- Working with religious organizations and institutions on Long Island to obtain zoning approvals needed to develop and renovate places of worship and infrastructure.
- Drafts and negotiates commercial leases for national retailers and the food service industry, as well as lending institutions and offices leases including the negotiation of a 20,000-plus square foot office and retail space for one of Long Island’s leading commercial lenders
- Represented an iconic Montauk, New York resort property in a $22 million dollar refinance and financial package.
- Represented a developer in connection with the subdivision of a 24-acre industrial parcel in Calverton, New York.
- Works with property owners, property managers and wireless telecommunications providers to zone, develop and
lease properties for wireless telecommunications services throughout Long Island and New York City.
PROFESSIONAL + COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- New York State Bar Association, member
- Suffolk County Bar Association, member
- Huntington Townwide Fund, President
- Hofstra University School of Law Real Estate Practcum, developer of Real Estate Practicum for second and third year law students at Hofstra Law School
- Suffolk County Village Officials Association, Associate Member; Instructor of biannual continuing education seminars for Suffolk County’s Vilalge Officials
- David is committed to the continued exploration of clean, sustainable energy sources that benefit Long Island and the sustainability of its poplation.
David is committed to the continued exploration of clean, sustainable energy sources that benefit Long Island and the sustainability of its poplation.